This video is about the Taj Mahal in Agra in India.
From the Christian Science Monitor in the USA:
The New Seven Wonders: The 100 million votes are in. And the Great Wall of China, Rome’s Colosseum, India’s Taj Mahal, as well as three architectural marvels from Latin America are among the new seven wonders of the world chosen in a global poll released on Saturday.
As reported in the June 29 Monitor article, “2,000 years later, global vote to pick world’s new Seven Wonders,” votes were cast by the Internet and cellphone text messages.
This is, of course, not the only proposal for a new list for seven wonders of the world: there are more, some also including natural wonders.
This new list is all architecture, except for one sculpture. Brazil’s statue of Christ the Redeemer is big, and at a spectacular scenic spot, but is hardly the most beautiful piece of sculpture ever made.
The list from classical antiquity was Mediteranean centered: the Greek world in southeastern Europe, and the parts of northern Africa and western Asia closest to it.
This new list is “global”: three wonders from Latin America, three from Asia, one from Europe. Not totally “global”: no North America, Australasia, and Africa.
Photo gallery: here.
The animals’ stampede through the Mara river is one of nature’s most spectacular events. But now the watercourse is drying up, a sign of the damage being done to Africa’s fragile eco-system: here.
- Household editions of Eiffel Tower and Taj Mahal (lostateminor.com)
- Agra & the Taj Mahal (jessicajhill.com)
- The king who built the Taj (justanotherwakeupcall.wordpress.com)
- My Next Destination: India (maiestusangel.wordpress.com)
- 2012: Our Year of World Wonders (travel-stained.com)
- LEGO Taj Mahal – Over 5,900 Pieces! (archieli.com)
- Taj Mahal in India (loveartnature.wordpress.com)
- India/Nepal at 25mph (or less) – Part 2 – Taj Mahal (scottseyephotos.wordpress.com)