This video is about Afghan civilian deaths.
Airstrikes kill scores of Afghan civilians-officials
Sat Jul 7, 2007 2:16PM BST
By Sayed Salahuddin
KABUL, July 7 – NATO and U.S. airstrikes have killed scores of Afghan civilians this week, residents and officials said on Saturday, deaths likely to deepen discontent with foreign forces and the Western-backed Afghan government.
Several residents and the head of a district council in Farah said an air attack in the Bala Boluk area had killed 108 civilians.
“Women and children have been killed and 13 houses destroyed,” said Bala Boluk council head Haji Khudairam. “In the bombing, in total, 108 civilians have been killed.”
“We are asking the government to send a delegation to see for itself the civilian deaths,” said Faizullah, a resident.
From Afghan news agency Ariana:
KANDAHAR – NATO should put on trial a soldier who fired at civilians, resulting in the deaths of two and wounding of four in Afghanistan’s southern Kandahar city, a senior provincial official said on Tuesday.
- US has already broken its promises on civilian deaths, says Afghanistan (theguardian.com)
- What the End of 2013 Didn’t Bring: An End to the Occupation of Afghanistan (rinf.com)
- NATO Probes Report of Child Killed in Afghan Airstrike (voanews.com)
- NATO says investigating airstrike in Afghanistan (nzherald.co.nz)
- US ‘long-term interests’ in Afghanistan (rinf.com)
- Child killed in Afghan airstrike; NATO probes (thehindu.com)
- Nato investigates air strike that killed Afghan child (theguardian.com)