This video is called Japanese Snow Monkey in hot spring.
From The Scotsman:
Snow monkeys come in from the cold
A GROUP of exotic neighbours have moved in with Highland residents, breaking a 35-year tradition.
The monkeys, also known as Japanese macaques, are the first of a new range of species being brought in to boost visitor numbers.
The expansion of the collection will include animals from mountain and tundra habitats from around the world heading to Kincraig over the next three to five years, and it is hoped it will increase the number of visitors from 67,000 to 100,000.
David Windmill, the chief executive of the park’s owner, the Royal Zoological Society of Scotland, said: “Highland Wildlife Park has the potential to make a real difference in helping to preserve endangered species such as the Amur leopard, of which there are fewer than 50 remaining in the wild.
“It is an ideal and spacious environment for these species, and we hope to become involved in breeding programmes in the near future.”
Snow monkeys are native to northern Japan and are the most northerly-living primate. As the name suggests, they are used to the cold and can survive temperatures of below minus 15C.
European Arctic animals in Swiss zoo, video: here.
Barbary macaques: here.
July 2011. Recent video footage from a survey on a group of critically endangered Amur leopards in the Russian Far East has yielded unexpectedly positive results, giving evidence that some wild groups of the big cat are showing clear signs of a tendency towards population growth, says WWF Russia: here.
- Orphan Fruit Bat Babies May Make You Rethink Everything You Ever Felt About The Species (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Detroit Zoo Animals Beat The Heat With ‘Cold Play’ (detroit.cbslocal.com)
- Top 10 mammals reliant on zoos to prevent extinction revealed (itv.com)
- Zoo Boise shares photos of baby red panda (ktvb.com)
- 3-Day Private Tokyo and Nagano Tour: Snow Monkeys, Tsukiji Market and Bullet Train (goexcapetravel.com)
- Fast Fact Attack: Endangered Species 14 – The Amur Leopard (mungaiandthegoaconstrictor.me)
- Brookfield Zoo Announces the Birth of a Snow Leopard Cub (news.softpedia.com)
- Scottish Wildcats (islesunite.wordpress.com)