This music video from the USA is called JOAN BAEZ (full concert, 1965).
From Associated Press:
WASHINGTON — Folk singer and anti-war activist Joan Baez says she doesn’t know why she was not allowed to perform for recovering soldiers recently at Walter Reed Army Medical Center as she planned.
In a letter to The Washington Post published Wednesday, she said rocker John Mellencamp had asked her to perform with him last Friday and that she accepted his invitation.
“I realize now that I might have contributed to a better welcome home for those soldiers fresh from Vietnam.
Maybe that’s why I didn’t hesitate to accept the invitation to sing for those returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.
In the end, four days before the concert, I was not ‘approved’ by the Army to take part.
Baez, 66, told the Post in a telephone interview Tuesday that she was not told why she was left off the program by the Army.
“There might have been one, there might have been 50 (soldiers) that thought I was a traitor,” she told the paper.
Or it may not have any present or past soldier, but some higher up chickenhawk like Dick Cheney …
So, according to the Bush administration, mice, mold, and cockroaches are welcome at Walter Reed; a pro peace singer is not.
See also here.
- Plaisir D’Amour (goldenbridgesurvivor.wordpress.com)
- Concert review: Judy Collins as strong as ever in sold-out show in Reading (readingeagle.com)
- Exclusive Preview: The Avett Brothers Folk Out for Inside Llewyn Davis (entertainment.time.com)
- Advent: Cantique De Noel (jubilare.wordpress.com)
- This Week in Music History (December 19th-25th) (murfie.com)
- On Beyoncé (huffingtonpost.com)
- Love Is Just a Four Letter Word (1965). Bob Dylan /and other old-age wisdom/ (rgable.typepad.com)