By Joe Kay:
13 April 2007
The Bush administration has announced that all members of the Army currently deployed in the Middle East, Central Asia and the Horn of Africa, will have their standard tour of duty extended from 12 months to 15 months.
The decision will also affect all Army soldiers sent to these regions in the future.
US generals: Bush is ‘breaking the army’.
See also here.
- Afghanistan war even more unpopular than Iraq, Vietnam wars (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- From MRAP to scrap: U.S. military chops up $1-million vehicles (stripes.com)
- CNN Poll: Afghanistan war arguably most unpopular in U.S. history (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Cameron’s ‘Mission Accomplished’ gaffe, like Bush (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- CNN/ORC Survey: 82 Percent Want U.S. Out of Afghanistan (rinf.com)
- It isn’t ‘mission accomplished’ in Afghanistan, says former ambassador after David Cameron’s remark (standard.co.uk)