The most common damselfly species is the blue-tailed damselfly, which was counted almost 4,000 times in 2004.
In that year, the most common butterfly was the meadow brown, seen over 200 times.
The brown argus is a threatened butterfly species.
Yet, it lives in Leiden city.
- The Damselfly (treasuraa.wordpress.com)
- 10 Surprisingly Brutal Facts About Dragonflies (listverse.com)
- Haiku April 26, 2013 Dragonflies (artprescription.com)
- Damselflies: in the shape of a reversed ‘L’ for Love (thekosmospost.wordpress.com)
- Demoiselles (bugsofpopoagie.wordpress.com)
- San Jacinto: Butterfly walk planned and opened to the public (swrnn.com)
- Dragonflies start to take centre stage (wildlifenews.co.uk)
- Dragonflies and Damselflies of the East (and West) (bugsofpopoagie.wordpress.com)
- Damsel(fly)s in Distress! (solvgreenteam.wordpress.com)