Today in the nature reserve.
This is a video about a northern lapwing nest.
Northern lapwings on the meadow to the east.
33 Egyptian geese, wood pigeons.
16 mute swans.
In the water, three male and two female tufted ducks.
Mallards, a coot.
Background sound: great tit.
In the castle pond, a moorhen.
Close to the drawbridge, now closed because of the breeding season: two muscovy ducks.
- Goodbye godwits, hello oystercatchers and buzzard (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- First godwits, redshank of 2013 (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- 10 February 2012 (cotswoldwaterpark.wordpress.com)
- Bird experts worried about Northern Lapwing surviving the winter in Bridgewater (tauntongazette.com)
- Birders tally ‘huge’ numbers in global count (science.nbcnews.com)
- Buzzard and great egret (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Blackbirds, moorhens, tufted ducks in winter (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Marsh tits, parakeets, starlings and sanderlings (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Rare northern lapwing makes a visit (bangordailynews.com)