From British daily The Independent:
Recriminations over the cash-for-honours affair threaten to cause irrevocable rift within Tony Blair’s inner circle
By Francis Elliott, Whitehall Editor
Published: 11 March 2007
Lord Levy has fuelled fears he is about to turn on the Labour Party after telling friends he is furious at the lack of public support from senior ministers.
The cash-for-honours investigation increasingly threatens to split Tony Blair’s inner circle asunder in a welter of recrimination.
Friends and family of the two key suspects, Lord Levy and Ruth Turner, fought a battle for public sympathy last week as the show of unity began to unravel.
Now a cabinet minister close to Tony Blair’s chief fundraiser has raised the stakes, telling The Independent on Sunday that Lord Levy “feels badly let down”.
- Blair Charity (aangirfan.blogspot.com)
- Against Tony Blair, London 13 November (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Lord Mandelson: Tony Blair was wrong to invade Iraq (express.co.uk)
- Tony Blair: British business should exploit potential of Iraq after ‘self-sacrifice’ of troops (telegraph.co.uk)
- Tony Blair urges EU to elect a president (so who could be in contention?) (independent.co.uk)