From London daily News Line:
Monday, 12 February 2007
RACIST KILLINGS ‘LOW IMPACT’ says Home Office
Family and friends of the victims of racist murders have reacted angrily to a leaked Home Office internal memo which describes the murders of black teenager Stephen Lawrence and young Asian Zahid Mubarek as ‘low impact’ events.
The mother of Ricky Reel, Sukhdev Reel, told News Line yesterday: ‘That they categorised these murders as “low impact” is disgraceful.
‘From the very start they knew these were racist attacks.
They should have been prioritised; they had a huge impact.
‘There should have been far more input into the deaths of these three kids, Stephen Lawrence, Zahid Mubarek and my son Ricky.
‘All I can say is high priority wasn’t given to Ricky’s death.
‘I’m still seeking answers from the Home Office, as to why Ricky’s death was not considered a higher risk, when they knew it was a racist attack.
‘Their priorities are wrong as far as I’m concerned.
They are only looking after ministers’ careers, not safeguarding the lives of our children.
‘The police are leaving me to find the evidence for the killing of my own son.’
Blair vs. immigrant workers’ rights: here.
- Stephen Lawrence’s mother honoured for her ‘shining example’ (standard.co.uk)
- Tony Blair jeered by students (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- CodeLens – Suspected Racist and suspected murderer, Michael Dunn (innerstandingisness.wordpress.com)
- Hey America! Can you please stop killing our (usually) innocent Black male children now? (dailykos.com)
- Against Tony Blair, London 13 November (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Ending racism – one person at a time (dailykos.com)