From the Google cache
Bulgarian Opens Donkey Museum
Date: 9/1/05 at 8:15PM
Mood: Thinking Playing: Donkey Rides, a Penny, a Glass, by The Small Faces
From Sofia news agency:
31 August 2005, Wednesday.
A small Bulgarian town is about to open a museum dedicated to donkeys, media reported Wednesday.
More than 100 donkey photographs, carriages and accessories have already been arranged at the place in Gurkovo.
But the centrepiece in the fun expo will surely be the donkey carriage race, which enjoyed notable popularity during the previous century.
Gurkovo will have the unique chance to experience the race once again on September 4.
Twenty competitors have already signed up to the donkey race, local officials have disclosed.
Domestication history of donkeys: here.
Bonaire donkeys: here.
- Ippo the Baby Zonkey, A Cross Between a Zebra and a Donkey (laughingsquid.com)
- Sadness as donkeys leave Paisley park after decades (dailyrecord.co.uk)
- Rare zebra-donkey ‘zonkey’ born in Italy, cuteness ensues (mnn.com)
- Zonkey Born In Italy After Zebra Climbed Fence To Mate With Donkey (webpronews.com)
- Rare Zebra-Donkey Hybrid ‘Zonkey’ Born in Italy [VIDEO] (scienceworldreport.com)
- Love has no Boundaries: Ippo the Zonkey Born in Italy from Mix of Zebra and Donkey (z6mag.com)