From the Google cache of Dear Kitty ModBlog.
Date: 10/14/05 at 9:13PM
Mood: Looking Playing: War, by Edwin Starr
It turns out that now in Britain, on the Iraq war, supposedly “Labour” Tony Blair is to the right of even his heroine and role model Margaret Thatcher.
From British daily The Independent:
Thatcher reveals her doubts over basis for Iraq war
By Andrew Grice
Published: 14 October 2005
The former prime minister’s embarrassing criticism emerged as Mr Blair was among the 670 guests who attended a party to mark her 80th birthday.
“I was a scientist before I was a politician.
And as a scientist I know you need facts, evidence and proof – and then you check, recheck and check again.”
She added: “The fact was that there were no facts, there was no evidence, and there was no proof.
As a politician the most serious decision you can take is to commit your armed services to war from which they may not return”.
Painful for Blair.
Painful for George W. Bush.
See also here.
Also from the Google cache:
UK: Blair loses election, doesn’t fire himself
Date: 5/5/06 at 1:17PM
As expected, Tony Blair heavily lost the English local elections.
Losing hundreds of seats, Blair managed to make Labour, once the biggest party, third party, with less votes than Conservatives and Liberal Democrats.
Congratulations … NOT!
Blair, in order to take media attention away from his own failure, sacked Interior secretary Charles Clarke, involved in one of many Blair administration scandals.
Something Blair had said he would not do.
However, opportunism being so prevalent …
See also: Conservative Clarke attacks Blair on Iraq war.
- Asking: Whatever Happened To The Chilcot Inquiry Into The War In Iraq? (stirringtrouble.wordpress.com)
- Tony Blair jeered by students (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Lord Mandelson: Tony Blair was wrong to invade Iraq (express.co.uk)
- | TruthTeller: Why it is Tony Blair and not me who should be in the dock on 16 November! (truthaholics.wordpress.com)
- Tony Blair and the protesters who keep trying to arrest him for war crimes (guardian.co.uk)
- Tony Blair isn’t going to get any EU top job. Face it. Move on. (jonworth.eu)