This video is called Roma Minority in Slovenia – Strojan Case.
From British daily The Guardian:
Violence and persecution follow the Roma across Europe
Ian Traynor in Ambrus, Slovenia
Monday November 27, 2006
Miha Strojan was tending to his sick mother when the mob arrived.
Wielding clubs, guns and chainsaws, several hundred villagers converged on the cottage in a clearing in the beech forest with a simple demand.
“Zig raus [Gyppos out],” they called in German, deliberately echoing Nazi racist chants. “Bomb the Gypsies.”
It was the last Saturday of last month, when the mob terrorised the extended family of more than 30 Roma, half of them children, into fleeing their clearing a mile over the hill from the farming village of Ambrus in eastern Slovenia.
“They were building bonfires on our land and shouting that if we don’t move out, they will bomb us and crucify our children,” recalls Mr Strojan, 30.
See also here.
Forced sterilization of Roma in Czech republic: here.
CZECH REPUBLIC: Roma Exodus Provokes Diplomatic Conflict: here.
- Murdered Sinti and Roma monument, as discrimination continues (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Hindus Want Desegregation Of Gypsy Children In Macedonia Schools (eurasiareview.com)
- Holocaust Memorial for Roma, Sinti Opens After Delays – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Czech Republic: A Dark Anniversary in the Czech Republic (ionglobaltrends.com)
- Europe’s Roma discrimination shame (globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com)
- Roma women: they need an education (guardian.co.uk)
- Breaking Through Walls of Bias (lens.blogs.nytimes.com)