In Scheveningen, suburb of The Hague bordering on the North Sea, is Sea Life aquarium.
Originally, it was limited to showing fish and other marine animals of the North Sea.
However, today it has also tropical marine and fresh water aquariums.
It used to have a big North Sea aquarium with cods as the stars.
However, that is gone now, in a sad parallel to the decline of the cod in the sea due to overfishing.
The biggest aquarium, with a tunnel where visitors can walk underneath, is now for tropical marine fish.
Sea Life Scheveningen aquarium is special in having at least two species of jellyfish, difficult to keep alive in captivity.
They also having herring, also difficult in captivity.
Among other denizens: two green turtles, from a farm in the Cayman Islands.
There was also an exhibition against seal killing in Canada.
Ice age imprint found on cod DNA: here.
- Scheveningen, Holland (appetencies.wordpress.com)
- Adventure Aquarium named one of the top aquariums by Travel Channel (nj.com)
- Oceanic Creatures (crashby96.wordpress.com)
- Noteworthy – There’s More to Sea Life Than This (teachersntouch.wordpress.com)
- Only in Lembeh Straits! (dabirahe.wordpress.com)
- Seahorse’s Horselike Shape Helps Them Ambush Prey, Scientists Say (huffingtonpost.com)
- Canada’s largest indoor aquarium is a marine treat! (romilade.wordpress.com)