This video from the USA is called Roundtable Discussion with Hurricane Katrina Survivors 1.
From the New York Times:
Watching the first television images of floating bodies and of desperate people, mostly black, stranded on rooftops, he quickly realized he was witnessing a major historical moment.
As those moments kept coming, he spent almost a year capturing the hurricane’s sorrowful consequences for a four-hour documentary, “When the Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Acts,” to be shown on HBO this month. …
The critics and audience will have the final say on whether “Levees” is the thorough examination that Mr. Lee intends.
His views are clear.
“What happened in New Orleans was a criminal act,” he said, a tragic backhanded slap to poor, black or politically insignificant people.
“The levees were a Band-Aid here and a Band-Aid there.
In the famous statement of Malcolm X, the chickens came home to roost.
Somebody needs to go to jail.”
African Americans and films: here.
- Spike Lee Talks Fruitvale Station, Trayvon Martin Movie (bet.com)
- Spike Lee If God Is Willing and Da Creek Don’t Rise Hbo Documentary Video (binsidetv.net)
- Louisiana Clarifies Insured Loss Estimate from Hurricane Katrina (insurancejournal.com)
- Is Hurricane Gustav Another Katrina Strikes West of New Orleans Residents Flee (binside.typepad.com)
- Happy Friday: Treme returns to HBO…eventually (lmkfilmpicks.wordpress.com)
- Spike Lee Raising Money for Film on Kickstarter (gwopmagazine.com)
- Watch The Trailer To Spike Lee’s Version Of Oldboy (dayandadream.com)
- Hurricane Katrina (angeliquesarris.wordpress.com)
- Hurricane Katrina Volunteer Celebrates Recovery as the 8th Anniversary of the Disaster Approaches (ireport.cnn.com)
- Our Favorite Films Shot in NOLA (flavorwire.com)