This is a video about Harriet the Tortoise.
Harriet (circa 1830 – June 23, 2006) was a Galápagos tortoise (probably Geochelone nigra porteri) that had an estimated age of 175 years old at the time of its death, making it the oldest known living animal in the world.
On November 15, 2005, her much publicised 175th birthday was celebrated at the Australia Zoo.
She died peacefully in her enclosure on June 23, 2006 of heart failure following a short illness.
Remembering Harriet: here.
Galapagos tortoise: here.
- Galapagos Islands – Dare to Dream (ipicturetheworld.wordpress.com)
- Galapagos iguana thief sentenced (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Galapagos islands exhibition in Switzerland (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Galapagos pink iguana on film (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- German Galapagos iguana criminal convicted (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Random Things I Learned in the Galapagos (alaskagirlatheart.com)
- How nice to live the life of a Galàpagos tortoise (mysanantonio.com)
- Richard Clayderman serenades Galapagos tortoises with Chariots of Fire rendition (telegraph.co.uk)