This video is called Strike84 Images from the 1984 Miners Strike UK.
From Monthly Review (USA):
First Working-Class Film and Video Festival in Turkey a “Resounding Success”
by Steve Zeltzer
The first international working-class film and video festival titled “Against Neo-Liberalism, 20 Countries and 40 Films” was held in Turkey in early May 2006 — a resounding success.
Over 8,000 attended the various film screenings, and, for the first time, working people in Turkey had an opportunity to see the global struggle of other working people through film and video. …
The festival also honored the Cetin Uygur of the Underground Mine Worker Union and a film about mine workers, Maden: The Mine, the first film to show the lives and conditions of mine workers in Turkey.
He reported that this film had a profound impact on miners who could now see their lives and battles on film.
Review of book Big coal: here.
- Future lessons in past (morningstaronline.co.uk)
- Rubio’s Home for Sale (politicalwire.com)
- One Hundred Million Workers Set to Strike in India (indybay.org)
- Marco Rubio not staying in his ‘working-class neighborhood’ much longer (dailykos.com)
- Relatives pay tribute to mining heroes of 1926 general strike in new film The Happy Lands (dailyrecord.co.uk)
- Some new festivals were added to the lists… (noentryfeefestivals.com)