This is on the eve of world wide demonstrations against the Iraq war.
And in the wake of the abysmal response by the Bush administration to the Katrina hurricane disaster.
The Brussels demonstration will have as its slogans:
Shame on Bush!
In an e-mail, organizers say:
“In the whole world, there is big indignation about the response by the Bush administration to the hurricane Katrina disaster.”
– people being left to their fate because of their complexion or their class
– people being treated as enemies for being black and poor
– billions of dollars going to the Iraq war, instead of to levee maintenance and social needs.
- Steve King: Opposing Aid For Hurricane Katrina ‘A Good Vote’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- Bush’s FEMA Director During Katrina Criticizes Obama For Responding To Sandy Too Quickly (thinkprogress.org)