Rupert Murdoch empire’s stolen Prince Diana documents


This video is called PRINCESS DIANA’S DEATH, LONDON, ENGLAND.

From daily The Guardian in Britain:

Princess Diana floor plans found at former NoW royal editor’s house

Sensitive palace documents seized by police in Clive Goodman‘s home, phone-hacking trial told

Lisa O’Carroll

Friday 16 May 2014 16.10 BST

Security plans for Princess Diana’s home in Kensington palace and other internal police documents were found at the home of the former royal editor of the News of the World, a jury has been told.

The sensitive palace plans including a map, floor plans for apartments and details of where police units were to be deployed and stationed in the event of an incident, the hacking trial at the Old Bailey was told.

The documents were seized by police when they searched the home of the paper’s former royal editor Clive Goodman in 2006 on suspicion of phone hacking.

They were produced at the trial by the lead prosecutor Andrew Edis QC who challenged the former journalist about his claim earlier on Friday that he had no police sources. He said he had exaggerated to his editor when he emailed him asking for cash payment for a policeman in exchange for a confidential palace phone book.

Edis asked: “You never had any police sources?”

Goodman: “No.”

Edis: “Paid or unpaid?”

Goodman: “I would have spoken to Scotland Yard’s press bureau. I don’t think that counts as a source.”

Edis: “Are you saying you never had any police source?”

Goodman: “Correct.”

Asked where he got the security plans for Princess Diana’s home, Goodman said: “I think this surfaced … when the Princess of Wales’s apartments were being mothballed after her death.” He said he believed they had been “found with some thrown out furniture”.

By whom, asked Edis. Goodman responded: “By the people who brought it to us.”

Goodman has not been charged with hacking offences, but has been charged with conspiring to cause misconduct in public office over alleged payments to police for the royal directories.

Other documents found at Goodman’s house included a custody record and a photo document about a man who had been “stopped near a restaurant bothering the late Princess Diana”.

Goodman claims the documents came from someone on the newsdesk. He said he didn’t ask where they had come from because he would not have got an answer.

Goodman denies all charges against them.

The trial continues.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Protests in Britain against Bahraini absolute monarchy


This video says about itself:

Torture in Bahrain

22 April 2011

Amber Lyon’s CNN report on flagrant human rights abuse in Bahrain. Richard Sollum of Physicians for Human Rights calls it the worst they’ve ever seen. Bahraini security forces intimidate and torture hospitalized opposition members.

From AFP news agency today:

British police ready for protests as Bahrain king arrives

6 hours ago

Protests are expected to greet Bahrain’s King Hamad bin Isa Al-Khalifa when he arrives in London on Friday for engagements with Britain’s royal family.

London police said they are expecting demonstrations when the king attends a conference on Friday to strengthen British-Bahraini ties, which will also be attended by Queen Elizabeth II’s son Prince Andrew.

Protesters angry about the treatment of anti-regime activists in Bahrain are also expected to be present when he joins the Queen at Sunday’s Royal Windsor Horse Show, west of London.

The king will be accompanied by his son, Prince Nasser bin Hamad, who faces a London court bid to overturn his immunity from prosecution over torture allegations.

The case was brought by a Bahraini refuge[e], who claims the prince tortured anti-regime demonstrators during a crackdown against the uprising in 2011.

A Gulf Arab rights group has called for the release of thousands of prisoners of conscience in the region as it marks what it calls Gulf Detainees Day to highlight their plight. The overwhelming majority of the prisoners are held in Saudi Arabia followed by Bahrain, the group says: here.

The Bahrain Institute for Rights and Democracy (BIRD) urges the UK government and royal family to raise serious concerns regarding human rights abuses in Bahrain during the King’s visit this week. BIRD has urged members of the UK royal family and government to publicly raise human rights concerns with the King of Bahrain during his visit to London this week. Letters have been sent to Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Charles, Prince Andrew, Prime Minister David Cameron, FCO Minister William Hague and opposition leader Edward Miliband: here.

The Bahraini regime has banned the Asda radio application for smart devices from broadcasting just days after it’s launch. The measure comes in line with the regime’s ongoing arbitrary measures to fight dissent. The regime used the Ministry of Justice to impose the decision that contradicts laws and ethics: here.

Enhanced by Zemanta