This video is about a sanderling, on the beach near Katwijk, The Netherlands. Recorded by Luuk Punt, 12 November 2012.
- The Sanderlings are Back! (reawakenedtreasure.wordpress.com)
- Shorebirds (candylhill.wordpress.com)
- Harry the Heron (candylhill.wordpress.com)
- Pelicans (candylhill.wordpress.com)
- Waxwings in the Netherlands (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
Today, in the dunes of Katwijk: a hovering kestrel.
A dunnock singing from the top of a bush.
This is a dunnock video.
We go to the mouth of the river Rhine. A rare Iceland gull (see also here) has been reported here. However, we see just herring gulls, a few lesser black-backed gulls, and oystercatchers.
A harbour seal swimming in the river mouth; sometimes diving.
On the beach between Katwijk and Noordwijk one can see there has been a storm recently, as many sea stars have beached; and a necklace shell as well.
Seal whiskers sense faraway fish – Harbour seals are able to detect fish that are up to 100m away: here.
Harbour seals can detect the fattest fish using just their whiskers: here.
Dunnock caught exhibiting exciting behaviour shocker: here.