From the Falcons for everyone site in Belgium:
Peregrines on the cathedral 2013
Welcome to the summit of the St. Michael and St. Gudula Cathedral in the heart of Brussels!
It is the tenth year in a row that a pair of Peregrine falcons, the fastest bird in the World, breeds on the tower of this 1000 year old cathedral. Almost exterminated from Europe and North America not long ago, this splendid bird of prey breeds now in the center of a city where a million inhabitants live. This year, the female has layed 5 eggs since early March.
In order to allow you to observe live and in detail the spectacle of the hatching, the chicks growing up and finally the juvenile Peregrines first flight, we have installed a system of cameras connected in streaming to this website. Do you want to learn more on the natural history of this fascinating raptor? Go to the blog! Would you like to see them ‘in the flesh’? Join us at the Observation Post that wil be installed at the cathedral parvis from 2 April until 26 May 2013! We will show you the falcons through a powerful telescope.
Welcome to the website of the Brussels peregrines!
Also from this site:
17 April Wednesday
Yesterday was calm. Since the first cries of the chicks on Monday nothing new had happened.
But at 22:04:20 the female stood up slightly and looked attentively beneath her. It was pretty hard to see what exactly drew her attention. Five seconds later she turned to the camera and … a falcon hatched from his egg! Mother falcon helped her young; she encouraged it, and he came out of the egg. His plumage was completely soaked; the female leaned against him to protect him from the cold and to further incubate the four other eggs. The first chick of 2013 was born! The 25th chick for this female.
This morning a second and a third falcon hatched also.
- Suggest name for peregrine falcons expected to hatch in May (realmilwaukeenow.com)
- Cathedral falcon lays first 2013 egg (bbc.co.uk)
- Derby Cathedral Peregrine Project (wildlifecrimesofficer.wordpress.com)
- New Live Webcam Added to Watch Peregrine Falcons (nbc15.com)
- Webcams set up to view peregrine falcon nests (wisn.com)
- Mobile coverage in Southampton knocked out by peregrine falcon (wired.co.uk)
- Nesting Peregrine Falcon hits Vodafone mobile coverage in Southampton (independent.co.uk)