This video is called UK Soldier Apprehended Under Terrorism Act Over ‘Nail Bomb‘.
This time, British authorities seem to have arrested, for a change, someone for “terrorism” who looks like being a real terrorist, like extreme Rightist Breivik in Norway; not someone like David Miranda, arrested for journalism exposing illegal governmental spying on millions of people.
From The Huffington Post UK:
Soldier Arrested After Nail Bomb Found In Salford House
04/12/2013 08:34 GMT
A 19-year-old soldier has been arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences after a nail bomb was found at a house.
Officers raided the Army base in Paderborn, Germany, following the discovery of the suspicious device at a terraced house Mellor Street, Eccles, on November 28.
He was flown to the UK and questioned by detectives in Greater Manchester before he was released on bail until January pending further inquiries.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: “Police have arrested a man in connection with the investigation into a suspicious device found in Salford last Thursday.
“A 19-year-old man was last night arrested on suspicion of Section 57 of the Terrorism Act. He has now been bailed until January.
“Shortly before 1.30pm on Thursday November 28 a warrant was executed at an address on Mellor Street in Patricroft.
“A 20-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possession of abusive images and was bailed pending further inquiries.
“During a search of the property on Mellor Street, a suspicious device was found. A cordon was put in place and a number of residents were evacuated as a precautionary measure. Specialist officers assessed the device and were later able to confirm it was no longer a threat to the community.”
Last week, bomb disposal officers were called to safely remove the device as residents were evacuated to a local school.
Police arrested a 20-year-old man on suspicion of possession of abusive images and “several items of literature which could be viewed by some as potentially inflammatory” – reported to be extreme right-wing leaflets.
- Soldier arrested following discovery of nail bomb in Salford (theguardian.com)
- Serving UK soldier, 19, arrested under Terrorism Act after ‘nail bomb’ found at a house in Salford (dailymail.co.uk)
- UK soldier held under Terrorism Act over Germany nail bomb (standard.co.uk)
- Soldier arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences after nail bomb found (telegraph.co.uk)
- Eccles nail bomb scare: Teen soldier arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences (manchestereveningnews.co.uk)
- ‘British soldier’ arrested under Terrorism Act after ‘suspicious device’ found at Salford home (metro.co.uk)
- ‘British soldier’ arrested under Terrorism Act (itv.com)
- Terrorism investigation launched after NAIL BOMB discovered in terraced home (mirror.co.uk)
- Police found nail bomb in quiet residential street (itv.com)