This video is by Nico Jaarsma from the Netherlands; about sand dunes forming in 2011-2013, on the Hors, the extreme south of Texel island.
Meanwhile, our story about Texel continues; a bit more to the north from the Hors. 24 October 2013. After the redwings on the field, west to the Hoornderslag dunes.
This video shows the road from the coast to the east, but we went the other way first.
In the Grote Vlak lake, shoveler ducks.
As we went back from the coast, a parasol fungus on a dune. Above it, a wire; with a female stonechat on it.
Not far away, a rabbit. It looked like a wild rabbit-domestic rabbit hybrid.
- Texel island fungi again (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Texel island fungi (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Sixteen insect species discovered, new for Texel island (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Texel, kestrel and teal (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Texel mushrooms, continued (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- The Slufter on Texel island and its birdlife (spiritandanimal.wordpress.com)
- Tuna beached in the Netherlands (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Pintail, egrets, curlews, dunlin (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)