Svensson, L. 2013. A taxonomic revision of the Subalpine Warbler Sylvia cantillans. Bulletin of the British Ornithologists' Club 133: 240-248.
In this new paper, prominent ornithologist Lars Svensson summarised the recent research on the taxonomy of the Subalpine Warbler (Sylvia cantillans) and recommended the split of the complex into three separate species:
- Western Subalpine Warbler (Sylvia inornata), with two subspecies: inornata and iberiae (a new subspecies described in the paper for the birds breeding in the Iberian Peninsula, southern France and extreme north-west Italy),
- A Tricky Subalpine Warbler (birdingfrontiers.com)
- Cape May Warbler on Unst (birdingfrontiers.com)
- Plastic waste is a hazard for subalpine lakes too (sciencedaily.com)
- Annual cycle and migration strategies of Great Reed Warbler as revealed by a geolocator study (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- 2008 (celticbirder.wordpress.com)