Especially of fifteen-year-old Roma secondary school student Leonarda Dibrani. She was kidnapped from a school bus, and deported to Kosovo; where her family does not understand the language, and the ruling political party persecutes Roma.
A French government committee has now said that police should not have arrested Leonarda in a school bus, and that similar things should not happen again.
Thousands of school students took to the streets of Paris during a second day of protests: here.
Violent attack on Leonarda’s family in Kosovo: here.
- Roma girl ‘can return to France’ (bbc.co.uk)
- French pupils march over expulsions (bbc.co.uk)
- Hollande: Expelled 15-Year-Old Can Come Back Alone (abcnews.go.com)
- French students’ mass pro-refugee movement (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Roma expulsion row grips France (bbc.co.uk)
- France: students protest in Paris over deportations (euronews.com)
- Student deportations spark protests in Paris (euronews.com)
- Deported Roma girl, family attacked in Kosovo (channelnewsasia.com)
- Hollande: Expelled 15-Year-Old Can Return _ Alone – ABC News (abcnews.go.com)
- Leonarda Dibrani wants to return to France (ireport.cnn.com)