From AFP news agency today:
Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) said the highly radioactive water had leaked at the Fukushima No. 1 plant from a different storage tank to the one where a similar leak was found in August, Jiji and Kyodo news agencies reported.
It was not clear how much water had leaked from the 450-ton tank. TEPCO said it had determined that contaminated water had accumulated within barriers around the tank, and may have flowed past the barriers.
Concerns have grown over TEPCO’s handling of radioactive water at Fukushima since the August leak was discovered, with Japan’s Prime Minister Shinzo Abe last month ordering the operator to set a timeline to fix the leaks.
Former Japanese leader declares opposition to nuclear power — The New York Times: here.
Six workers at the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant have been exposed to radioactive water. The incident happened after one of them mistakenly removed a pipe connected to a water treatment system at the facility. Several tonnes of contaminated water was released, some of which doused the employees: here.
Fukushima: Cover-ups, incompetence and blatant lies are all part the corporate culture that presided over the present radioactive leaks, writes BLAKE DEPPE: here.
- New leak of radioactive water reported at crippled Fukushima nuclear plant – @abcnews (abc.net.au)
- New leak of stored toxic water found at Fukushima plant: TEPCO (english.kyodonews.jp)
- Second tank leaking contaminated water at Fukushima nuclear plant (telegraph.co.uk)
- You: New radioactive water leak found at Fukushima No. 1: Tepco (japantimes.co.jp)
- National › New leak at crippled Fukushima nuclear plant: TEPCO (japantoday.com)
- Another radioactive leak at Fukushima (stuff.co.nz)
- New leak at crippled Fukushima nuclear plant: TEPCO (vietnamnews.vn)
- Fukushima nuclear plant operator says another tank is leaking toxic water (reuters.com)
- New leak at Fukushima nuclear plant (sbs.com.au)
- Japan nuke worker turns off coolers by mistake (worldnews.nbcnews.com)