This video is called Gypsy Gipsy Romani Romany Sinti Holocaust.
Translated from NOS TV in the Netherlands:
Outcry about registry of Roma in Sweden
Monday 23 Sep 2013, 14:08 (Update: 23-09-13, 14:40)
In Sweden there is an outcry over a police database containing thousands of names of Roma. The only reason for inclusion in the registry is Roma origin, most of the people listed have no criminal records.
The existence of the registry was revealed by the newspaper Dagens Nyheter and confirmed by the Swedish police. According to the newspaper, there are over 4,000 people in the database. A quarter of them are toddlers or preschoolers.
Police would not say why the register is kept, but it is believed that it is done because of the bad reputation of Roma, mostly living in camps or on the streets. …
This reminds me of United States rocker Joan Jett‘s song “Bad Reputation”. Here is the music video.
The Swedish Minister for EU Affairs Ohlsson was shocked by the revelation about the Roma, who are considered to be Europe’s most discriminated minority. She calls the registry “frightening, unethical, unacceptable and illegal.”
Sweden has prohibited registration by ethnicity. In the Netherlands there is a ban on that as well, though there are municipalities which want more opportunities to register Roma.
- Outrage grows over cops’ illegal Roma registry (thelocal.se)
- Police Database of Roma Stirs Outrage in Sweden (thejakartaglobe.com)
- Swedish police keep Roma registry: report (thelocal.se)
- Swedish Police Under Fire for Illegal List of Roma (newsusjournal.com)
- Swedish Police Discovered Having Illegal Database Of Romani, Including Children (falkvinge.net)
- The Romani, A Collection of Images (filipspagnoli.wordpress.com)
- Activists scuffle with Swedish police over mining (sacbee.com)
- Swedish Police Under Fire for Illegal List of Roma (abcnews.go.com)
- Swedish Gypsy file brings racial profiling fears (thestate.com)
- Swedish family on secret police list because they are Gypsies (haaretz.com)