This video from Greece says about itself:
Ruins, Documentary Official Trailer [HD]
7 Sep 2013
Α documentary about a shocking case of HIV criminalization in Greece. The story of the persecution of HIV-positive women who were detained by the Hellenic Police, forcibly tested, charged with a felony, imprisoned and publicly exposed, while their mug shots and personal data were published in the media in the run-up to the country’s 2012 national elections.
From Dawn of the Greeks blog:
New documentary chronicles a modern-day witch-hunt against HIV-positive women in Greece
Mavroudi’s debut documentary, Ruins: Chronicle of an HIV Witch-hunt,features interviews with two of the HIV-positive women and their mothers, as well as doctors, lawyers, journalists, academics and activists who campaigned for their release.
Ruins premieres in Athens this Sunday, 15 September, at 7pm, at Benaki Museum’s Pireos St annexe (Pireos 138 & Andronikou). The documentary then moves to Thessaloniki, where it will be shown on Tuesday 17 September, at 7pm, in the aula maxima of the Aristotle University. Admission to the screenings is free and will be followed by a discussion with the director and the production team. For more info, visit ruins-documentary.com. You can also follow the documentary on Facebook and Twitter.
Read more concerning the documentary at enetenglish.
Also from Dawn of the Greeks:
Communist party members attacked and beaten by neonazis
An attack occurred in Perama (near the ship construction site) before the midnight yesterday (Thursday), when a group of 30 Communist party – KKE members who were erecting posters in the streets of the area were set upon 50 members of Golden Dawn neonazis, holding baseball bats and iron bars. The KKE said that the attackers wore t-shirts with the logo of Golden Dawn and, although some were wearing scarves and helmets, eyewitnesses recognized at least two of the assailants. The communist party has named the two Golden Dawn members who led the attack on its official website. The communist party has called a protest at 6pm today Friday 13th of September in Perama. The members of its youth since this morning are also informing the residents of the area concerning this attack.
Greece convicted over sacked HIV positive employee: here.
Greece’s conviction by the European Court of Human Rights paves the way for the legal recognition of homosexual relationships. Greece was convicted for excluding homosexual couples from the 2008 Cohabitation Agreement: here.
- Ruins: Chronicle of an HIV witch-hunt (hivblogger.me.uk)
- Greece: Archbishop of Constantinople says gay relationships are ‘reprehensible new inventions’ (pinknews.co.uk)
- John Ward – Greece Exclusive: Samaras Under Suspicion As He Plots To Sell BoG Subsidiary To American Associates – 12 September 2013 (lucas2012infos.wordpress.com)
- Greek nazis in conservative coalition government? (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Ruins-documentary. Chronicle on HIV witch-hunt (realdemocracybristol.wordpress.com)
- Greek Golden Dawn nazis and their crimes (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Communists attacked and beaten by Golden Dawn gang (realdemocracybristol.wordpress.com)
- Greece austerity, fascist violence bring fightback (workers.org)
- Greeks protest against Golden Dawn attack on Communists (theguardian.com)
- Wild Brawl: Golden Dawn vs. Communists (greece.greekreporter.com)