After our item on blind rodents, immune to cancer, another rodent. Not blind at all: quite big eyes. Immune to cancer too, as far as I know. However, not immune to the economic race to the bottom of “austerity” which destroys health care, education etc. in Greece and elsewhere.
Many Greek parents who used to be able to afford both health care and Mickey Mouse magazines for their children are unable to pay for either by now.
From Keep Talking Greece blog today:
Mickey Mouse fells victim of the Greek crisis
The Greek crisis swallows another famous victim: Mickey Mouse. After 48 years of publishing the Mickey Mouse magazines in Greek, Christos Terzopoulos announced the stop of the publication.
The Greek edition of Mickey Mouse was published by Nea Aktina S.A. from 1 July 1966 until August 2013.
- How to draw Mickey Mouse the Disney way (telegraph.co.uk)
- Russian Parliamentarians compare Obama to Mickey Mouse (voiceofrussia.com)
- That time Mickey Mouse was a Drug Dealer (messynessychic.com)
- Mickey Mouse Mag Stops 48-Year Run (greece.greekreporter.com)
- Dog Does Not Like Mickey Mouse (socialitelife.com)