This is a hawksbill turtle video.
Translated from Dutch news agency Novum:
August 24, 2013 09:53
These big turtles are sometimes seen in the waters around Curaçao. Then, they usually have a length of fifty to seventy centimeter. The turtle on the beach of Lagun was significantly larger: one meter and ten centimeter. That’s only four centimeter smaller than the world record. Given the size of the shield, experts estimate that the mother is about 25 to 30 years old.
The nest which previously made the news will hatch only in the beginning of October. According to Sue Willis of the foundation Sea Turtle Conservation Bonaire it is normal that hawksbills nest five to seven times at the same location. In early August she already said that the Lagun nest probably would not be the only one.
- First Green Sea Turtle Nest Found At Biscayne National Park (miami.cbslocal.com)
- Turtle Trafficking Prompts Arrests in Puerto Rico (livescience.com)
- Turtle Egg Thefts Out of Control: WWF (thejakartaglobe.com)
- Meet Banjo… (news-journalonline.com)
- Endangered hawksbill turtle nest hatches on Saadiyat island (gulfnews.com)
- Australian endangered species: Hawksbill Turtle (theconversation.com)
- Hope for the Sea Turtles of Nevis (sknnews.com)
- Teens save sea turtles as part of Lincoln zoo’s camp (journalstar.com)
- Sea Turtle trapped in shark nets freed by NSRI Durban (stfrancischronicle.com)