In 2002, the museum acquired the painting. Now, its restoration is finished.
Lakenhal visitors are also again able now to see another object in the museum: a silver bowl. It was made in 1641 by Hans Coenraet Breghtel. Elizabeth Stuart, queen in exile of Bohemia, gave it as a present to Leiden city.
Elisabeth Stuart is known as the “winter queen” as she had been queen in Bohemia for only one winter, before Austrian imperial soldiers drove her and her family into exile.
The bowl has been restored as well.
- Rembrandt’s birthday and music (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Amsterdam Rijksmuseum reopened, Rembrandt and owl (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Slavery exhibition in Dutch museum (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Rembrandt’s birthday celebrated (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Pretty Vacant Installation by Rietveld Landscape (karmatrendz.wordpress.com)
- Seashells and slavery in Dutch history (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Day Trip to Leiden (haileygoesabroad.wordpress.com)
- Day 8 Leiden and Rotterdam (dianayichucao.wordpress.com)