This video is called Pablo Neruda Documentary (Part 1 of 6).
From Prensa Latina news agency:
Chile Celebrates World Poetry Day
Santiago de Chile, Mar 21
The celebration will take place in Providencia, a town of the capital city, sponsored by the municipality and produced by ChilePoesia (PoetryChile).
Prominent poets will read their works from the balconies and columns of the Palacio Consistorial (Council Palace), says a report sent by organizers.
Poets participating in the celebration include Leonel Lienlaf, Teresa Calderon, Jaime Huenun, Loreley Saavedra, Magdalena Pulgar, Karen Hermosilla, Jose Maria Memet, Elicura Chihuailaf, A’scar Saavedra, Faumelisa Manquepillan and Mauricio Redoles.
Chilean blues groups Ivan Torres & Zapatillas Social Blues, Tito Escarate & Los Galanes Suplentes and La Banda del Capitán Corneta will also perform.
The recital will be broadcast by a ‘streaming’ system which will connect the celebration in Chile with other countries of the world, allowing poets from other parts of the world to participate.
Leading up to the celebration, in the morning, roving recitals will take place in the Santiago de Chile subway.
From the 25th to 28th documentaries will be screened about the great Chilean and world poets.
World Poetry Day is celebrated every March 21st, date established by UNESCO during its 30th meeting held in Paris in 1999.
- Chilean poet Pablo Neruda murdered? (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Remains of Poet Pablo Neruda to be Exhumed in Chile (hispanicallyspeakingnews.com)
- Nobel Prize winner, Pablo Neruda, remains to be exhumed in Chile (voxxi.com)
- Date set for Pablo Neruda exhumation (bbc.co.uk)
- Pablo Neruda’s House (gwblogabroad.wordpress.com)
- Chilean poet Neruda to be exhumed next month (rappler.com)
- Pablo Neruda’s Body To Be Exhumed in Murder Investigation (newsfeed.time.com)
- Memoirs: A book review (dawn.com)
- Foundation: Chile to exhume body of Nobel laureate (edition.cnn.com)