This video from Canada is called Just How Toxic is Mercury? – A Study by University of Calgary.
From daily The Morning Star in Britain:
Jungle region awash with unsafe levels of mercury
Thursday 21 March 2013
The Carnegie Institution for Science called it a “grave and mounting threat to public health” today.
The institution said women of childbearing age were worst hit – and also the most vulnerable to mercury.
The metal is a neurotoxin and can cause severe, permanent brain damage to an unborn child.
- Study finds mounting mercury threat in Peru Amazon (seattletimes.com)
- Open Golden “Death” Pit (insomniadiary.wordpress.com)
- Cookbooks we Love: The Everything Peruvian Cookbook (nbclatino.com)
- Peruvians asks Washington-based human rights commission to halt Newmont’s Conga project (mining.com)
- Rainforest activities – Madre de Dios Region, United States (travelpod.com)
- Peruvian condors in trouble (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)