This video says about itself:
European trade union rally – Speech by Bernadette Ségol, ETUC General Secretary
14 March 2013 — 15,000 people gathered in Brussels to say no to austerity and yes to jobs.
“#140313Youth – Together for a better future: No to austerity! Yes to jobs for young people!” European trade union action.
More info: http://www.etuc.org/a/10843
From daily The Morning Star in Britain:
Workers protest in Brussels
Thursday 14 March 2013
Thousands of workers protest in Brussels today to demand that EU leaders bring an end to austerity measures and instead focus on boosting growth and reducing unemployment.
The demonstration vented frustration over years of EU-imposed austerity that unions and economists say is worsening the recession and driving more people into unemployment and poverty.
“The policies that have been put in place have failed,” said European Trade Union Confederation general secretary Bernadette Segol.
“We see that the efforts have been put on the shoulders of workers.”
The European Court of Justice ruled today that property repossession laws in Spain that have led to hundreds of thousands of evictions violate EU consumer protection laws: here.
- Thousands rally against EU austerity (bigpondnews.com)
- Austerity protests draw thousands in Brussels (cbc.ca)
- Thousands rally against the Troika in Brussels (rt.com)
- Thousands of workers in Brussels demand end to austerity (macleans.ca)
- Strikes pause in Greece, more protests planned (miamiherald.com)
- ‘Doubts about benefits of EU are growing’ (euobserver.com)