This video is called House mouse (Mus musculus) in the back yard.
February 7, 2013, 12:00
We had a stash of walnuts in our home, which also proved to be irresistible to mice. After we had unsuccessfully attempted to drive them away in various ways (they ate not only walnuts but also more substantial parts of our house) we, at wit’s end, used bait boxes with poison.
After a few days we went to see how this worked. Much to it our surprise, the mice proved to be able to read: “Keep out of reach of animals”. Completely independently, they had plugged both openings with our insulation material ……. Against that much cleverness, we cannot do anything!
- Tough Mouse Eats Scorpions and Howls at Moon (zen-haven.com)
- Scorpion-eating mouse bays at the moon (newscientist.com)
- Brain Basis for Why Petting Feels Good (blogs.discovermagazine.com)
- Stroke damage in mice overcome by training that ‘rewires’ brain centers (medicalxpress.com)
- Athletic Mice Have Bigger (mid) Brains (scienceabstracts.wordpress.com)