This is an otter video.
Updated: Saturday, 19 January 2013, 17:03
In the Oostvaardersplassen an otter has been seen for the first time. The animal was observed this week with a camera. According to the Forestry Department its presence is a tribute to the water quality in the Flevoland nature reserve.
Probably the animal came from the Weerribben, where ten years ago otters were set free. According to the Forestry Department, the arrival of the otter in Flevoland is due to the Ecological Network, a network of connections between natural areas.
In the Netherlands, about sixty otters live, especially in North-Western Overijssel and South-East Friesland.
See also here.
- Dutch nature reserve water animals (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Otter Diary #1 (2013) (fishingandwildlife.wordpress.com)
- New grass species in the Netherlands (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Baby Otter Found Nearly Dead Recovering Well at a Scottish SPCA (naturenplanet.com)
- New Dutch bird reserve (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)