This video from North America is called Song Bird Photography Tutorial-How to Photograph Birds.
Birds are often difficult to photograph.
It may be easier from a publicly accessible hide.
However, in these hides the viewing openings are often not at the right height for cameras. And noisy children may walk in and out, slamming doors.
In the Netherlands, there are now special hides for photographers. Smaller than public hides. Only accessible for photographers. Openings at camera height.
Photographers can rent those hides for a day, or part of a day.
Here is information about hides in Twente region in the eastern Netherlands.
There is also a photographers’ hide not far from Hilversum town in the central Netherlands. It is in a not publicly accessible forest. With a view on a small pool, where forest birds come to drink. If a photographer sits down in the hut, eyes are on the same height as the birds.
- Windows kill birds, photography exhibition (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Common nighthawk, United States Bird of the Year (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Going to the Birds: Studio Update (calliegarp.wordpress.com)
- Are Crows Mind Readers … Or Just Stressed Out? (news.sciencemag.org)
- Photographing Jays in flight, its a difficult task! (parrotletsuk.typepad.com)
- Austin Roberts Bird sanctuary – Pretoria. (ivankovacik.wordpress.com)
- Ghulam Rasool’s best photograph: white-winged redstarts in Pakistan (guardian.co.uk)
- Something wrong with this picture (krahnpix.wordpress.com)