Interesting how birds almost hunted to extinction about 1900 now adapt to city life.
- Enjoying the Pool: Yellow-crowned Night Herons on Abaco (peace4animalscornwall.wordpress.com)
- Vaguely Totemic (babsjeheron.wordpress.com)
- Loving Who You Are: The Story of the Heron and the Crow (mylovingartproject.com)
- Heron fishing in the Potomac River (michaelqpowell.wordpress.com)
- The ‘After’ Photos of the Pond (clay9850.wordpress.com)
- Heron (olivialinnsorensen.wordpress.com)
Originally posted on Belinda Claushuis:
Filming… My first attempt to film with my new camera(HD).
Today I edited my Last nights recordings, plus subtitles.
2 minutes and 35 seconds.
Title (NL) ‘Wat op de grond ligt’ (ENG) ‘That wat lies on the ground’.
What’s it about: I went to see the herons who hangout at the main market nearby my home,The Albert Cuyp Market in Amsterdam.
Note: for a bigger view —> https://vimeo.com/57172798
Around 5 o’clock the fisherman finish their job for the day, and are packing there goods to head home. Also, around this time, a group of herons start to show up on roofs and market stands/trailers.
Where one finishes the job, another begins. I decide to stick around.
With the film camera (burning) in my bag and still having to learn a lot about this ‘heavy to carry’ machine, I thought our flying friends would be a good subject to start with.
View original 160 more words