From daily The Morning Star in Britain:
Survivors of disaster set to speak at seminar
Sunday 06 January 2013
Mitsuko Sonoda and Geoff Read were living in Fukushima at the time of the disaster on March 11 2011 and fled the zone with their young son.
Mr Read is an English social artist who lobbied for more families to be evacuated, and subsequently worked with 100 children from Fukushima on collaborative portraits.
The nuclear incident was one of the worst international radioactive emergencies in the industry’s history causing the evacuation of thousands of people and leaving a large area of land uninhabitable for years to come.
The incident had a profound effect on the possible future development of nuclear power.
- Illegal dumping of radioactive material in Fukushima (nuclear-news.net)
- The women of Fukushima with rare footage from inside the exclusion zone and opinions on the nuclear disaster (nuclear-news.net)
- Hello World! “Global Nuclear Coverup” We Are the 94%! We are the Media Now! (askaboutfukushimanow.com)
- Fukushima bosses admit guilt (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bluefin Tuna Off California Coast Tainted With Fukushima Radiation (But Scientists Say It’s Okay To Eat) (laist.com)
- VIDEO: Fukushima 50 ‘remain invisible’ (bbc.co.uk)