This is a long-tailed duck video.
Translated from BirdLife in the Netherlands:
Tuesday, December 25, 2012
“The” long-tailed duck is back! Such is the joyous reaction of birders in the Gooi region. It is an old friend: a male long-tailed duck wintering annually on the Gooimeer lake in Huizen in North Holland. On 19 December, for the first time this winter it was seen at the Huizen jetty. This is the eleventh winter in a row that the long-tailed duck resides there. The winter of 2002-2003 was the first time.
- The Long-tailed Duck or Oldsquaw – Terry Thormin (vancouverislandnature.wordpress.com)
- Webb Royce Swamp (essexonlakechamplain.com)
- UK breeding bird population shrinks by more than 44 million since 1966 (guardian.co.uk)
- Maine Audubon trips a perfect venture for new and expert birders alike (bangordailynews.com)
- European seabirds as fishing bycatch (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Good Dutch woodpecker news (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Protected woodcock eaten illegally on Dutch TV (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- UK has lost 44m breeding birds since 1966 (dawn.com)
- Rare derbio fish in North Sea (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Scientists say new signs of global warming in Russian Arctic. (spacedaily.com)