This video from Pakistan says about itself:
Filmed this singing Common Myna (Acridotheres Tristis) on the window of my flat at Karachi Federal B Area. Commo Myna are native to Iran, Pakistan, India, Srilanka, Bangladesh, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, China & some other adjsent countries.
From ANI news agency:
Myna bird placed under house arrest at zoo for shouting ‘f you’ at visitors
Wednesday 19th December, 2012
A myna bird has been put in solitary confinement at a zoo after shouting ‘f you’ at visitors.
The bird had been trained to welcome people to Jiufeng Forest Zoo in Wuhan, central China, but keepers were shocked to hear it hurling abuses at tourists in recent weeks.
Staff believe the bird picked up the rude words from visitors and signs have now been put up warning zoo-goers about teaching mynas bad language, the Daily Mail reported.
A sign erected at the zoo read: “Please do not use foul language to get a rise out of the Myna.”
The common myna bird has been isolated to stop the other birds from copying the rude words.
Keepers say they will withhold food from the common myna bird when it swears and play tapes of polite words to change its bad habits.
Caretaker Li Yun said he had heard some tourists try to teach the birds such language.
He told China’s Global Times: “The bird has a good memory. It’s possible that some visitor taught it how to say these things.
“He said the birds are ‘good mimics’ and quick learners,” he added.
- Wildlife right at our doorstep … (kawiz.wordpress.com)
- What do Mynas have in common with Moral Police ;) (indianhomemaker.wordpress.com)
- Day 2 and a day with a “pro” Bird Guide (parrotletsuk.typepad.com)
- A home for the birds (thehindu.com)
- San Diego Zoo: Panda cub has some growing to do (swrnn.com)
- Top 25 Wild Bird Photographs of the Week #25 (newswatch.nationalgeographic.com)
- The river wild (thehindu.com)