From daily The Morning Star in Britain:
Worker’s murder marks trade deal
Tuesday 18 December 2012
Just hours after the EU-Colombia Free Trade Agreement was signed on December 11, another cold-blooded assassination of a Colombian trade unionist occurred on, activists said today.
Mr Rivas was a leading activist of Union Sindical Obrera, leading the permanent workers’ assembly.
- ‘Free’ trade with Colombian trade unionist-killing regime (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Massacres Under the Looking Glass (counterpunch.org)
- Afro-Colombian Women Not Invited To Peace Talks Between Government, FARC (atlantablackstar.com)
- Cultures of Secrecy: Colombia Adopts Mandatory Backdoor and Data Retention Mandates (eff.org)
- Exclusion Of Colombian Women From Peace Process – Analysis (eurasiareview.com)
- In Colombia, David Cameron’s stance on drugs looks cynical | Fidel Cano Correa (guardian.co.uk)
- Ex-Colombian general to be jailed for bribe-taking (sfgate.com)
- Alleged Colombian drug lord caught in Argentina (miamiherald.com)
- Former Colombian presidential security chief sentenced to 13 years in U.S. (miamiherald.com)