This video from London, England says about itself:
Dec 18, 2012
Part of Antarctica is to be named Queen Elizabeth Land in honour of the Queen, it was announced as she made a historic visit to Downing Street.
Queen Elizabeth is the first monarch since 1781 – during the US war of independence – to attend a cabinet meeting.
She met ministers, who gave her a set of 60 place mats, to mark her Diamond Jubilee after 60 years on the throne.
By Roger Bagley in Britain:
Tuesday 18 December 2012
Ms Windsor gawped at ministers as they discussed parliamentary business and then heard a report on Afghanistan from Mr Hague.
After sitting for half an hour, Ms Windsor got up to leave and wished ministers “a very happy Christmas.”
Prime Minister David Cameron and his Lib Dem sidekick Nick Clegg fussed around the fabulously wealthy monarch as she viewed a pre-arranged present of 60 gold-edged table mats, paid for by fawning ministers from their own ample pockets.
Argentina angry after Antarctic territory named after Queen: here.
Trade unionists were out in force today to demonstrate again over a plan to put staff at Elizabeth Windsor’s local council on lower regional pay, writes Tony Patey: here.
- Piece of Antarctica Twice the Size of UK Named After Queen Elizabeth (theepochtimes.com)
- Ministers name chunk of Antarctic in Queen Elizabeth II’s honor (rawstory.com)
- Queen Elizabeth gets a frosty Diamond Jubilee gift from U.K. (metronews.ca)
- Queen Elizabeth II Attends The Government’s Weekly Cabinet Meeting (metro.co.uk)
- A Gift for the Monarch who has Everything? (outsidethebeltway.com)
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Queen Elizabeth II (history.com)