This video is called Prostitution scandal in Bahrain – الدعارة في البحرين.
So, this happens not only to Thai women in Bahrain …
From Myjoyonline.com in Ghana:
Five Ghanaian women stranded in Bahrain
November 30, 2012, 19:42 GMT
Five Ghanaian women are reportedly stranded in Bahrain after their sponsors failed to secure them jobs in the Arab country.
The women namely Wasina Mahama, Beatrice Mensah, Beatrice Bonsu, Barbara Haruna Hamain and Sheila in an interview with Adom News revealed that they were promised jobs as waitresses, hairdressers and house helps but are now being forced to do other jobs, including prostitution.
According to the women, they have refused to engage in prostitution and have been maltreated as a result, with some alleging that they are only given bread with little water and locked up in rooms all day.
They indicated that at times lighters are used on them to extort money from them.
The suffering Ghanaians in Bahrain claim they paid between GH¢1500 and GH¢3000 to their agents who have gravely disappointed them.
One of the women gave the name of her agent as Alahji Ibrahim who lives around the Abossy Okai roundabout.
The women told Adom News that they have been camped in a room and their cost is being negotiated between their sponsors in Bahrain and potential clients.
Relatives of the stranded women are calling on government to intervene and save the lives of their loved ones.
Meanwhile, Tema office of the Commission on Human Rights and Administrative Justice (CHRAJ), which broke the news has written to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to intervene and secure the release of the women.
In an interview with Adom News, the women who identified themselves as Wasina Mahama, Beatrice Mensah, Beatrice Bonsu, Barbara Haruna Hamain and Sheila and hail from different parts of the country said they were promised jobs as waitresses, hairdressers and house helps but they are being forced to do other jobs including prostitution.
Their refusal to comply has resulted in their being locked up and fed on only bread; according to them, even the water is rationed.
- Five Ghanaian women stranded in Bahrain (modernghana.com)
- Bahrain dictatorship’s European allies (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Kim Kardashian and Bahrain human rights violations (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bahrain dictatorship twists even British accomplices’ words (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bahrain bans anti-Gaza war protests (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Amnesty calls on Bahrain to free 13 jailed activists (dailystar.com.lb)
- Bahrain human rights news (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bahrain Unable to Silence Unrest (voanews.com)
- Amnesty condemns Bahrain dictatorship (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- US must do more than express ‘concern’ about Bahrain crackdown (thehill.com)