This video from the USA in 2009 is called Veterans to Obama: Do Not Escalate in Afghanistan.
By Roger Bagley in Parliament in London, England:
MP: Bring our troops home by Christmas
Wednesday 07 November 2012
Mr Flynn triggered bad-tempered Westminster exchanges when he voiced his withdrawal demand, after hailing Mr Obama’s re-election as “a moment of great joy and satisfaction.”
The Newport West MP was in sparky form following his return to the Commons after five weeks’ suspension for accusing defence ministers of lying over Afghanistan.
He stopped Defence Minister Andrew Robathan in mid-speech, accusing him of failing to answer any questions.
“I’ve heard this speech a thousand times,” he told the plodding minister.
Mr Flynn launched a Westminster Hall debate to demand withdrawal of combat troops from Afghanistan, telling fellow MPs that his weeks of suspension had been “well worth it in every possible way.”
It had given him a chance to speak to people throughout the country and confirm that public opinion “wants us to bring our combat troops home by Christmas” and end the “deep deception” over Afghanistan.
Mr Flynn said President Obama’s two main tasks were to end the bloodshed in Afghanistan and to avoid war with Iran.
Green MP Caroline Lucas condemned Mr Obama’s so-called “surge” of 30,000 extra troops, and Britain’s waste of £7 million each day on the war at a time when welfare benefits were being cut.
She clashed with Labour shadow defence minister Kevan Jones after he demanded that critics of Britain’s Afghan policy should face up to reality and acknowledge that “progress has been made.”
Ms Lucas asked him sharply if he really believed that the situation in Afghanistan was “better today than when we invaded.”
Five Royal Marines charged with the murder of an Afghan national will remain anonymous until after their court martial concludes, a judge ruled today: here.
- Cameron sells weapons to Middle East dictators (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- War-weary Afghans shrug off Obama re-election (dawn.com)
- Insurgents kill American soldier in southern Afghanistan (earththreats.com)
- Soldier Lions led to Afghanistan by Political Donkeys: Early Day Motion by Paul Flynn MP (bombs.wordpress.com)
- Dead British officer’s mother on the Afghan war (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- ‘Politicians keep British soldiers in Afghanistan as human shields for their reputations’ – MP (rt.com)
- Desperate soldiers in Afghanistan self-harm to escape (express.co.uk)
- Labour MP: Afghanistan war ‘unwinnable’ (itv.com)
- Female soldier killed in Afghanistan named (telegraph.co.uk)
- US soldier in court over massacre (sfluxe.com)