This video is called Spain’s unions call general strike in November.
By Peter Lazenby in Britain:
City plans solidarity rally
Wednesday 31 October 2012
Trades unionists in Sheffield are to stage a demonstration in support of anti-austerity strike action planned across Europe on November 14.
“A European general strike is a real step forward in the battle against cuts and austerity,” said the TUC.
A blog about 14 November anti-austerity actions in the Netherlands is here.
The European Trade Union Confederation Executive Committee meeting on 17 October 2012 calls for a day of action and solidarity on 14 November 2012, including strikes, demonstrations, rallies and other actions, mobilising the European trade union Movement behind ETUC policies as set down in the Social Compact for Europe: here.
Greece’s parliament narrowly passed a Bill today allowing the government to privatise public utilities even as grim new statistics showed austerity was wrecking the economy: here.
Eurozone unemployment hit a record 11.6 per cent in September, according to the latest grim figures from the EU Statistics Office: here.
- 14 November will be a day of strikes across southern Europe (socialistworker.co.uk)
- European Day of Action – 14th November 2012 as the calls for a General Strike grow. (bedfordburrow.wordpress.com)
- How lawful is a General Strike? (leftfootforward.org)
- Six million workers could strike across UK (guardian.co.uk)
- Anti-Austerity Allies Coming Together for Coordinated European Strikes (commondreams.org)
- Thousands march in trade unions’ anti-cuts demonstration (guardian.co.uk)
- Thousands rally against crippling austerity policies (morningstaronline.co.uk)
- Greek labor unions call general strike for November 6 and 7 (ekathimerini.com)
- General strike, anti-austerity protests paralyse Greece (thehindu.com)