Home of the Azores Bullfinch receives tourism charter
Wed, Oct 24, 2012
Terras do Priolo (Lands of the Priolo) is the name given to a remote and beautiful area in the eastern part of the island of São Miguel in the Azores, the only place on earth in which the Endangered Azores Bullfinch, or Priolo Pyrrhula murina, is found. Nearly half its territory is included in protected areas.
Now Terras do Priolo has been awarded the European Charter for Sustainable Tourism in Protected Areas by the EUROPARC Federation Council. The Charter is a practical management tool that enables all relevant stakeholders to work in partnership to develop a common sustainable tourism strategy and action plan, while maintaining and improving the conservation value of the area in the long term. The Charter has currently been assigned to 107 national parks and other protected areas in 13 countries.
- A Slice Of (Green) Life In The Azores (earthtechling.com)
- I wish … [Azores] (becky6259.wordpress.com)
- Illuminated Mount Pico, Açores (cardinalguzman.wordpress.com)
- Sperm Whales Adopt Deformed Bottlenose Dolphin (cheezburger.com)
- “The Guardian” sugere ilha de Santa Maria para férias em 2013 (ilhasbruma.wordpress.com)