This video from the USA is called Chevron Oil Refinery Fire, in Richmond, California.
From the Sierra Club in the USA:
August 7, 2012
Sierra Club Statement on Chevron Refinery Fire
Sierra Club Director, Environmental Justice and Community Partnerships Director Leslie Fields Released the Following Statement in Response:
“Yesterday residents of four California cities—Richmond, North Richmond, San Pablo and El Cerrito—were told by emergency officials to shelter-in-place, close doors and seal windows to avoid toxic smoke from the massive Chevron refinery fire. Fortunately, there were only minor injuries at the site. However, area hospitals reported at least 350 visits for respiratory problems and vomiting.
“No one should have to live downwind of a dangerous oil refinery. Our thoughts are with the families living near the Chevron facility who must now contend with the aftermath and long-term health consequences of breathing in smoke filled with dangerous particulate matter, soot and cancer-causing toxins like sulfur compounds. These explosions and the massive toxic cloud hanging over their community and homes are only a part of the pattern of operation at Chevron’s Richmond facility, and Chevron should be held to account.”
For the fourth time in the past 18 years, Chevron’s Richmond, California refinery has caught on fire, blanketing thousands of homes in toxic smoke: here.
Chevron faces heat over refinery blaze: here.
Chevron, the second largest oil and energy company in the United States, was fined $963,200 by Cal/OSHA (the California Division of Occupational Safety and Health) for state safety standard violations related to the August 6, 2012, fire at its Richmond, California, refinery: here.
Refinery fire highlights pollution concerns: here.
10 of the most dangerous chemical plants in the U.S.: here.
- Chevron fined nearly $1M for Calif. refinery fire (sacbee.com)
- $10 Million to Injured Workers from Chevron Payout (earthfirstnews.wordpress.com)
- Chevron Fined Nearly $1 Million For California Refinery Fire (huffingtonpost.com)
- State Fines Chevron $1 Million For Richmond Refinery Fire (sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com)
- Chevron fire: State seeks nearly $1M fine (sfgate.com)
- Chevron Says It Has Paid $10M In Richmond Refinery Claims (sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com)
- Exxon, Chevron Made $71 Billion Profit in 2012 As Consumers Paid Record Gas Prices (readersupportednews.org)
- Chevron Finally Punished For Massive Richmond Refinery Fire (huffingtonpost.com)
- Chevron profit up on asset exchange, refineries (miamiherald.com)