This CNN video is called Rights group alleges torture in Bahrain 22-04-2011.
July 29, 2012
The billionaire, 28 — who was sozzled by 10am — had jumped up from his £2,700 First Class seat to complain to the captain about “poor” service before the Boeing 777 took off from Heathrow to Bahrain.
Crew members called armed cops, who pointed stun guns at the prince after he refused to calm down.
The royal — said to be a close relative of Bahrain’s King Hamed bin Isa Al Khalifa — was hauled off Flight BA125 and taken to the West London airport’s police station. The prince had his DNA, mugshot and fingerprints taken before being released on bail.
A passenger said: “We were terrified when the armed police came on and started pointing Tasers at him.”
A BA spokesman confirmed a customer “was off-loaded from the London to Bahrain service” and appeared to be “intoxicated”. Scotland Yard said a man was arrested on suspicion of being drunk and disorderly.
From Digital Journal:
The consumption of alcohol is allowed in Bahrain, but only for non-Muslims. In 2010 the Shura Council approved a ban on all Muslims drinking alcohol in the tiny Gulf state. Under Bahraini law the penalty for a Muslim drinking alcohol is a three-year jail sentence. However, Gulf royals often flout the Islamic rules they impose on their subjects, indulging in alcohol and other prohibited activities.
ABOUT 25 per cent of food purchased in Bahrain during Ramadan will be thrown away, according to a top environmentalist: here.
- Bahrain, torture kingdom (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bahrain torture false confession, video (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- British Prince Charles helps Bahrain dictatorship (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bahraini blogger escapes from dictatorship (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bahraini regime doesn’t care about workers’ health (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bahraini human rights violated again (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)