It is a bit difficult, but possible, to distinguish this species from other, related, bladderwort species.
Utricularia australis used to grow on Texel, but it disappeared. So, now it is back.
See also here.
Other Texel flower news: here.
- ScienceShot: Carnivorous Plant Ejects Junk DNA (news.sciencemag.org)
- New species of carnivorous plant discovered in Japan (tokyotimes.com)
- Ambergris treasure found in dead Texel whale (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- What a beached whale ate, new research (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Big ecosystem changes viewed through the lens of tiny carnivorous plants (sciencedaily.com)