This video is called Inside Story – Haiti‘s cholera epidemic.
Withholding Water: Cholera, Prejudice and the Right to Water in Haiti. Deepa Panchang, Other Worlds: “Scientists have shown that the cholera pathogen came to Haiti with foreign UN troops who carried the bacteria in their bodies, and whose military base was dumping its sewage into a nearby river. The imported disease has claimed more than 7,000 lives and continues to ravage communities across Haiti. Despite billions in post-earthquake aid dollars and hundreds of humanitarian NGOs, the country still faces a dearth of water and sanitation services, further fueling the epidemic”: here.
- Andrew Square group pushes the mighty United Nations UN to take responsibility for Haiti’s deadly cholera epidemic – Metro – The Boston Globe (rapadoo.com)
- Haiti recycles human waste in fight against cholera epidemic (guardian.co.uk)
- Ex-Jamaican Leader Blasts UN For Denying Haiti Cholera Claims (atlantablackstar.com)
- UN rejects Haiti cholera claims (bbc.co.uk)
- Haiti: Some cholera coverage (crofsblogs.typepad.com)
- Haiti cholera epidemic: Photos from the United Nations fiasco (PHOTOS). – Slate Magazine (rapadoo.com)
- U.N. denies its troops brought cholera to Haiti (workers.org)